Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Katie's Leftover Soup

In the interest of (a) trying new things, (b) eating more healthy, and (c - the most important of all), actually eating instead of snacking, Mark and I have started a new 'menu' plan. We've decided that we will alternate weeks where each of us has to make one meal that we've never had before. It doesn't need to be anything fancy or super-involved, just something that can (hopefully) be added to our currently pitiful repertoire of meal options. In addition to coming up with the new meal, we have to name said entree and journal about it in our recipe book.

I was the first to go and came up with Katie's Leftover Soup (genius name, I know).

First, the ingredients:

1 carton of Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup



2 cans of Campbell's Tomato Soup (mostly to thin out the kick of the roasted red pepper since Mark can't handle the heat)



5-6 small potatoes, cubed



1 cup Trader Joe's Fire-Roasted Corn, still frozen but rinsed



Leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded (I estimate that I used about 1 1/2 cups)




The process:

1. Combine soups in large pot and put on medium heat.

2. Add potatoes and allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes.

3. Add corn and shredded chicken and allow to cook for approximately 10 more minutes, or until potatoes are tended.

4. Dish and serve.


You say - well Katie, that looks easy peasy. I say - I know, right?!?

The result:




The verdict:

The potatoes definitely need to be cubed a little smaller, and I'd have been happy with a little more corn and a dollop of sour cream on the top. But overall, the soup was extremely yummy and has been added to our list!

Should be interesting to see if Mark's recipe for this week does the same.

3 comments:

marie said...

Well, I think this sounds very yummy! I think we'll have to give it a try! I think you should have called it Katie's Corny Soup!

Jo said...

I agree, it does sound very yummy, especially with the chicken in it.

Thanks a bunch for the layout suggestions. I ended up doing what you suggested and taking a sketch I liked, that only had one picture place and making it two. :-)

Mandy said...

I can't wait to try your soup!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP