Monday, January 9, 2012

This Week's Menu {Jan 9} + Decorating Focus

I need to get back into the swing of making meals regularly. The holidays put me in a bit of a tailspin when it came to planning ahead, but hopefully the new year will change all that. Here's the plan for the week:

Monday - Easy Chicken Soup
Tuesday - Tuna Casserole
Wednesday - Beef Taquitos
Thursday - Pork Chop Skillet
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Pancakes & Broiled Grapefruit

Now, to the decorating. I've always thought that I had fairly good focus. I could concentrate on a task, work towards getting it done, and even display a bit of multi-tasking while doing it. When it comes to decorating my home, the opposite is true. I jump from room to room to room and haven't checked much of my list during the past few months. I just can't get focused. I think about the artwork I need above the living room couch and search for something right. But then I get sidetracked wondering what curtains I should get for my bedroom. Somehow that morphs into thinking about doing something with Charlotte's room (anything really since it's been totally neglected). And then I think I should get the family room done first. Or the kitchen. Or the sunroom. Ugh.

So I've decided to focus on just a few things for now and stop working on other areas. I want to finish up the living room, which really just needs art over the couch. And I want to get cracking on Charlotte's room, which is essentially a blank canvas. I've got some artwork picked out, but need to make curtains, paint her vanity, think about a new bed, and more. Here's hoping I'll be able to limit my internet searching and pinning to just these two spaces!

1 comments:

Jo said...

I wish you well on focusing on your tasks. I am the same way when I clean. I will take something into another room and get distracted by doing something in that room. I think it's a mother thing... or at least that's what I like to blame. ;-)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP