Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swim Time

On Sunday Charlotte got her first taste of swimming for the summer. I've been meaning to sign the rugrat and myself up for a mommy & me swim class but haven't gotten around to it. I have a couple reasons. First, I'm forgetful and the thought to do it seems to slip away as quickly as it comes. Second, the classes I've checked out thus far don't seem to jive with our schedule. I'm hoping that summer months will make for more options. And third (and admittedly the selfish reason) is that I don't own, nor do I want to own, a swimsuit. The thought of shopping for a swimsuit and subsequently wearing said swimsuit is nauseating. But, given how things played out this weekend, I'll need to get crackin on that regardless.

Charlotte started the day a touch confused about what the purpose of the pool was. Keep in mind, it's been nearly a year since she was in a pool, and it wasn't anywhere near as big as the one in my parents' yard.
Sorry for the blown out photos! I fixed them as much as I could.

She very quickly got the hang of things and was happy to her have her daddy pull her around in a tube.
Eeek! Blown out again. Gotta work on checking the exposure before taking 50 pictures.

She thought swimming with Uncle Joe was even more fun! She didn't really even mind a dunking because he would throw her high in the air.

Mark has never really liked the water. He'll gladly take Chuckles in the pool since she loves it so much, but he doesn't enjoy it nearly as much as she does. While I have a healthy fear of swimsuits, I have no fear of the water and figure we're better off with me pulling baby duty on swim days. And so I'm afraid swimsuit shopping will begin soon.

You should have no fear though... the camera will stay safely at home! In place of what is bound to be a frightful photo of me, have one last look at the kidlet in my favorite picture of the day.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Awesome pictures, especially the last one. I don't think the first few were that bad. It was really sunny out and I think you expect pool photo to be extra bright.

As for the swimsuit, what I usually do is wear a swimsuit top underneath a t-shirt, then for the bottoms I wear the swimsuit bottom underneath some shorts (I wear swimming shorts, but I have also worn stretchy longer shorts). That is atleast another option for you. :-)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

so fun!

thanks for joining in the giveaway fun over at my blog. all the giveaway will remain open for one week. i hope your day is a happy one!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP