Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Perspective

So much for my hopes of getting back to blogging soon! Life has been busier than ever. Between work trips, yard sales and getting my house show-worthy, life has been too hectic to blog about. And I've been too cranky to blog anyway. But I stumbled upon this quote at one of my favorite blogs and decided I had to share it. It's something I definitely need to take to heart:

"Happiness is a symptom of circumstance,
joy is a product of perspective."

I've got a lot going for me - an awesome family, great friends, and a nice place to live. Over this past weekend my best girlfriends and I shared some of our goals with each other. One goal in particular needed to be something intangible. I think it's no coincidence that this quote popped into my radar just after I shared my goal of being content no matter what house we ended up moving to. I often get caught up in thinking that I need this upgrade or that feature in order to be happy and forget that I can find joy anywhere, as long as my perspective is right.

Photo Credit: Atomicity's Flickr

1 comments:

marie said...

Great quote Katie! It's one we should all take heed of. Thanks for sharing it!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP