Friday, September 17, 2010

In Place of Today's Post...

I had no post ready for today. I'd planned on discussing the giraffe print cupcakes we made for Christine's baby shower, but as with the pretzel favors, I just plain forgot to photograph the process. Fail. I thought I might be able to squeeze in a quick project to post today, but that just didn't happen either. Fail. So I figured I'd just take the day off on posting. Until I saw this.

Just about everyone who reads this blog knows what a struggle it was for Mark and I to start a family. Two years of actively trying, charting, fertility treatments, dozens of doctors appointments, giving myself shots, etc. It was not a fun time in my life and it's not something that I'm jumping at the chance to do again. I know Mark would love to have more kids, but for now I'm content with being a family of three.

Aside from it being quite the emotional process (hello, those meds make your hormones go crazy!!), I also don't know that I could ever start the process of trying for another child that is genetically ours when there are so many children out there already who are in desperate needs of families who love them. I'm not throwing my hat into the adoption ring just yet, don't know if I ever will actually, but I praise the families who do - the families who give kids who have no one to care for them a chance in life. And though I'm not in a place to take that step myself, I think it's important to support those who are.

Ashley linked up to Meg's call for vitamins, Compassion International, World Vision and Emily's blog post about their plans to adopt. She's even having a giveaway from this fantastic etsy store. So, if you feel so inclined, please consider giving to any of these wonderful causes.

12 comments:

marie said...

Nice post Katie!
I think your little family of three is pretty perfect and I know when the Lord wants your family to grow He'll lead you and Mark (and Charlotte) in exactly the right direction!

P.S. I know that I'm glad that there are only three of you right now...my house is only so big! : )

Anonymous said...

how to buy xanax online does generic xanax look like - xanax bars experience

Anonymous said...

purchase phentermine phentermine euphoria - phentermine nashville tn

Anonymous said...

xanax 0.5mg xanax bars amount - generic xanax pill identifier 029

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine phentermine 37.5 mg mexico - phentermine uses

Anonymous said...

zolpidem no prescription buy zolpidem 10 mg - what is zolpidem (ambien)

Anonymous said...

generic xanax online xanax dosage panic attack - 1mg clonazepam equal xanax

Anonymous said...

tramadol no rx buy tramadol for cheap - tramadol dosage euphoria

Anonymous said...

generic phentermine phentermine pharmacy online consultation - buy phentermine sears

Anonymous said...

phentermine online phentermine online with mastercard - order phentermine online with prescription'

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine online buy phentermine online in usa - buy genuine phentermine online

Anonymous said...

tramadol online overnight tramadol promethazine high - buy tramadol cheap online

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP