Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Cards

For Charlotte's first Christmas we included a photo of her in a standard card. The photo was cute, but overall the card felt a little generic. For Charlotte's second Christmas (last year), I handmade cards that included a photo of her on them. Not to pat myself on the back, but I think they turned out great! They stood out and really showcased her adorable mug. But, they were ridiculously time-consuming and required easy access to my craft supplies. I'm short on both time and supplies this year because of our move.

As a result I started this holiday season undecided on what to do about Christmas cards. Should I slip a photo in a card like year one? Try to pull together enough time and supplies like year two? After checking out the selection at shutterfly.com I'm choosing option three, purchasing holiday photo cards.

I've used Shutterfly to order prints in the past and was more than pleased with the quality, price and speed of delivery, so I have high hopes that this year's Christmas card process will go equally as smoothly. I've still got my work cut out for me though, because Shutterfly has tons of options. First up, the flat photo cards:



Of the 300+ options, the four above are among my favorites (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right). I love that there's so much variation in design, from classical and traditional to hip and modern, and the choice to use a single photo or multiple. There are similar choices for the folded cards below (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right), not to mention the option to include photos and a personal message on the inside of the card.


Have you checked out Shutterfly's offerings? Which are your faves? And don't forget to peruse their non-holiday card selection. I'm considering some of the calendars, address labels and gift tags. So cute!

3 comments:

marie said...

These cards are really great. I think I like the bottom left folded card the best or maybe the bottom right. Actually they're all really fun. Can't wait to see what you pick out!

Jo said...

They all are wonderful choices. I don't know how you'll pick. My favorites are the "May your holiday be merry and bright", "Merry Christmas" with the blocks around the outside and "Wishing you the Merriest".

I used to design ours with digital scrapbook materials and PSE. That's always an option too.

Shelley said...

Katie,
Thanks for finding me. :) Thankful to have you as a new follower.
Can't wait to look around your blog more. AMAZING pictures!! We still need to do Christmas card pics for my boys. I took them out one day and it was too bright *shadows* and too windy. Now it's been freezing ever since. Maybe this weekend. :)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP