Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hoop Art

Heather over at Blessed Little Nest set up a hoop art swap and I, having never made any hoop art before, decided to participate. Talk about pressure! My partner Christie and I emailed back and forth and realized our preferences are actually pretty similar, as is evidenced by the hoops we made.

Here's the one she sent me:


The colors in the background fabric will be perfect in my sunroom. The space is a long way off from being decorated, but I already scored a bolt of vintage fabric with the same yellow and orange as this to make curtains with. And the dimension in the flower accent is great!

Now check out what I put together for her:


Too funny, right?! Similar colors. Both have words/phrases embroidered on them. And we each opted to go with a larger flower accent (mine came from a headband that Charlotte refuses to wear).

So, have you made any hoop art before? Or participated in any swaps lately?

6 comments:

marie said...

Wow - what a fun wap. It's funny how similar they are!
I love the one you sent her - great job Katie!

Jo said...

They are both wonderful and that is hillarious how they are so similar, but different at the same time. Sounds like a fun swap. I haven't done hoop art before, but I have done embroidering and cross stitching with a hoop. Swaps sound like tons of fun, maybe one day when I have "free time" (whatever that is) I'll have to join one.

sara said...

Super cute. I haven't done any hoop art, but I have several hoops hanging out in my craft closet...

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Jessi said...

those are super cute!

Bonita Rose said...

these are lovely.. I've found some embroidery hoops while thrifting... I wud love to take part in something like this... gonna try and google to find some.. love these! hugs xo

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP