* Charlotte got her first pair of scissors this past month and we broke them in by cutting loads and loads of paper snowflakes (we use coffee filters). She'd cut some new ones every day if we let her! Check back tomorrow to see the results of our work.
* The terrible twos were pretty uneventful around here, but it seems Miss Chuckles is making up for it this month. My sister and my dad both witnessed some pretty epic meltdowns. There was much screaming, crying and thrashing about. It's hard to take her seriously though, when in the midst of her anger she's saying things like, "No sir!" and "I don't like you. I don't like the shushing. I don't like Aunt Mandy talking. I don't like stuff..."
* Charlotte is pretty amped up for Santa. She's been pointing out things she'd like to get for Christmas, singing Christmas carols and watching Christmas movies. My favorite is when we drive past a house with lights that is particularly lovely and she gasps and says, "Oh, it's nearly Christmas day!"
* Speaking of Santa, Charlotte is very aware of the naughty and nice lists. She seems a bit confused about what warrants being on the naughty list though. Not long after one of her epic meltdowns she told us that Oliver was on the naughty list because he sometimes is grumpy and cries. She assured us that she was on the nice list though. Not quite sure how that works.
* I might be a little partial, but I think Charlotte is super cute in her owl hat and matching mittens. I love that she feels the need to hoo every time she wears them.