Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Sheets Curtains

I made another purchase for Charlotte's room redo. Well, you can hardly call it a redo since it was never done to begin with, but I digress... I bought some vintage sheets off Etsy. To hang on her windows. Yup, I'll be making curtains with these fun pink and orange stripes. I think they're going to pair nicely with the floral sheet I plan to turn into a duvet cover for her bed, and make for a very colorful room!!


But I've got a bit of a dilemma. Do I go the easy route and split the sheets in half vertically, using the large pink trim portion as a rod pocket, resulting in vertical stripes? Or do I take the slightly more complicated route, and split them horizontally in order to get railroaded stripes? This would necessitate adding some additional fabric to the top or bottom of them (like Meg's that I mentioned in my planning post). The lazy part of me wants to go with the former option, but you can see so much more of the stripe on the railroaded version. So which do you like better? Vertical or railroaded?

5 comments:

marie said...

I vote for vertical...not because I think you're lazy...I just like the look of them that way.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I like vertical and think it gives height but I guess you are concerned that some of the stripes will get lost in the folds of the curtains. hmm... I'm still thinking vertical.

Love the floral and all of the great colors! It's going to be beautiful no matter what you decide!

Jo said...

I like them vertically. And it's more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I vote for vertical also, for the reasons cited above. Very pretty...the different fabrics. I love anything with orange added too. love,andrea

Hopemore Studio said...

Vertical. Kind of reminds me of that rule with clothing...never wear horizontal stripes...vertical will make her room look taller AND thinner..lol.

~Angie

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP