Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Good Health

I've noticed a pattern in the past year and a half that we've owned this house. Others (ie. my mother) may have noticed this too. I can't finish a room. As many ideas as I have about what to fix up here, what to DIY there, I haven't truly finished anything. The living room is close, but I'm still struggling with what to hang over the couch. Charlotte's room has a clear plan, but I've yet to make her drapes or hang art on the walls. And here I am, moving on to another room. Ah well...

This time we're on to the bathroom. The only full bath in the house. Yeah, Charlotte's teenage years may kill us all. The space is snug, but has lots of great light thanks to the ceiling skylight. Everything is in pretty good shape, just not what I'd have picked. The tile, which fully encloses the shower and goes halfway up the other walls, is cream colored. I'm pretty sure it was a mottled cream before, but was painted over to be a solid cream tone at some point. I know this because the paint is peeling on the built-in soap dish. Weird, right?! So in the near future I'll be working to get the paint from the soap dish off completely and then sealing everything to prevent future peeling. We'll see how well that goes.

In the interim (and by that I mean until I finally get around to the paint removing/sealing project) I'm shopping. It's what I do. :) I already snagged a clearanced shower curtain and bathmat and have some other ideas planned. My favorite purchase thus far is in the art category. Check it out:


Pardon the less than stellar quality of the photos. Taking pictures of pictures isn't easy. But aren't they adorable?! These Good Health Pictures are from 1965 and are meant for educational use. There are 12 in total, so I've got 7 other adorable options, but the ones pictures above make the most sense for a bathroom. Now I just have to decide how to hang them. Do I laminate them and just tack them to the wall? Put them in frames? White? Wood? A metal tone? Is 5 pictures ok, or should I add in a 6th to even things out? Decisions, decisions.

P.S. If you want a set of your own, I found another Etsy listing. It's going for less than what I paid. Hmmfph.

3 comments:

marie said...

These are SO cute!!
How about one long frame for all five?
And then how about finishing Charlotte's room!

Love,
MOM : )

Anonymous said...

You're not going to believe this but my family owned a daycare center, started by my grandmother in the 60's and these exact pictures hung in the bathroom of the one class. These have always been a favorite and I'm really happy that you are enjoying them as much as I always did.
The prints I was familiar with were hung in ultra cheap brass frames. I'm sure yours will be much nicer. : )
-Sarah

Sandwich Recipes said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog, thanks for sharing

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP