Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Couch to 5K: Progress

Two months ago my sister and I started the Couch to 5K program. Nine weeks and a couple dozen runs later I figure it's time to check in and let you know how it's going. We're midway through week 7 of the program now. We should be finished, but opted to repeat a fews weeks along the way. I'll admit, it's been harder than expected. We started our first day feeling ahead of the curve. We figured that, even overweight, we're naturally athletic and would have no problem with the early runs. Boy were we wrong! We got just seconds into the first part of the run and realized that we had our work cut out for us. But, just as the program promises, things got better and we got more comfortable as the weeks went on. That's not to say we didn't have bad days. We did. There was a stretch there where I felt like I was the queen of stopping early. I'd stop a bit early on each round of running and ended up way behind the others in our group. Some of it can be blamed on a wicked cold, but most of it was just laziness. But I pushed through and yesterday we completed a 25 minute run, covering just over 2 miles, without stopping. Go us! We still have a ways to go before we hit our goal (we want to get a full 5k done in less than 30 minutes), but we're getting there.


Have you been doing any exercising lately? Or taken on any long-term challenges? Or put a really unflattering picture out there for the world to see? I'd love to hear about it!

P.S. For those who don't know... no, we're not twins. We just look a lot alike. Especially when sweaty and out of breath. ;)

2 comments:

Jo said...

That's such a great accomplishment! I'm sure you'll be where you want to be in no time. I give you big props for running in this heat we've been having. I toyed with the idea of starting the program you are doing, but think I will start in the fall so I can do it during lunch.

marie said...

I'm really proud of both of you! About the twin thing. Having seen this photo...I totally get it now!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP