Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Color Run

Have you heard of The Color Run before? I hadn't until this year. Once my friends and I learned about it we scurried over to their website to sign up for the DC run, just to find it was sold out. Whomp, whomp, whomp. So we did the next best thing and road-tripped to Richmond to take part. It was so much fun!! I mean, you run (or in my case walk, due to some medical stuff I've got going on right now), get colored corn starch thrown at you, and act like a crazy fool. What's not to love?!

Luckily, I'd bought Charlotte a waterproof digital camera a while back. I figured if it can survive 14 feet underwater it can survive a Color Run. I was right. So here are some (unedited) shots during the action:

Now the run itself is fun, but as you can see, our shirts ended up being just a slightly more pastel version of their formerly white selves. Boring! So into the after party we went, where participants get to throw packets of color in the air. Or in each other's faces. Your choice. :)

We stayed in this hue-filled mosh pit for about half an hour before we headed to our cars, dusted ourselves off and went back to the hotel. We met Charlotte and my mom there (thanks Mom for watching her!) and Charlotte didn't even recognize me. Not that I can blame her, given that my face was completely purple.

I'm psyched at the thought of signing up for this again when it comes back to town next year!

2 comments:

Jo said...

I had never heard of it before, but it looks like lots of fun. If they do a DC one again we might have to check it out.

The Bright Side said...

Oh what fun it was! I need your pictures, they are fantastic!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP