Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To Do This June: Change of Plans

I had a post all ready to go about what I'd accomplished in my June To Dos List, but that's been deleted and replaced with this post about a change in plans.

Many of you have heard my lamentations about the epic fail that is my condo association and how we'd been toying around with the idea of moving to get away from it. Just a few weeks ago we committed to staying put for the next year or so and taking our time looking for a new place. Well, that plan is out the window. Now that our association has stopped handling lawn care (meaning the homes that are foreclosed on have yards like jungles and the rest of us are forced to buy lawnmowers) along with a host of other issues, coupled with the fact that the development we're looking to buy into is offering some fantastic incentives, we're firmly in the camp of let's get out while we can. With that, I have a new list for the month, or what's left of it anyway.


* Backyard. The backyard remains on our to do list, but the focus is no longer what's best for Charlotte and is instead what's best for a buyer. I have a feeling dirt isn't going to draw in much money and since a quick result is necessary we'll probably need to get some sod. This isn't likely to be purchased and installed this month, but I do want to have it priced out and ready to be bought as soon as possible.

* Upstairs Rooms. Redecorating the master bedroom is out (though I do have some things purchased and in the works that we'll put into place in our new house), but organization is in. My plan for the last few days of this month is to completely organize all the rooms on the top level of our townhouse. For some rooms that will be really easy (guest bedroom and Charlotte's room). For other rooms, not so much. The master bedroom and computer room will be a nightmare to go through, but I will get it done!


* Miscellaneous Items. We've had a new front door for 2 (or is it 3) years now and still haven't painted it. Primer isn't going to attract buyers, so it'll be getting some actual paint in short order. We'll also paint and hang the new closet doors we have for some closets upstairs. I'm also going to shorten and rehang my kitchen curtain and restring the drapes on my bay window.

There's lots more to accomplish than just this (coughcoughbasement,hirearealtor,rentastorageunitcough), but this is probably all I can squeeze into a week. Ugh, I'm amped to get moving forward, but dreading the thought of listing and showing our house. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

marie said...

I wish you lots of luck ~ I'm alos ready to lend a hand (the left one) and help any way I can! I volunteer Dad to help too! : )

Jo said...

Good luck to you. Let us know if you need us to help with anything.

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Yikes - good luck! We had similar issues with our HOA and ended up renting the condo. We paid a rental company a fee (equal to the security deposit) for them to find us a renter - totally worth it!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP