Monday, May 16, 2011

This Week's Menu {5/16} + Book Club

These next few days are likely to be busy, so planning ahead for our meals is especially important. Here's what the menu will look like this week:

Monday - Tuna Casserole (this got skipped last week)
Tuesday - Pork Chop Skillet
Wednesday - Brats & Tater Tots
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Shepherd's Pie
Saturday - Party!!

Over the weekend I worked on my party to do list. And by that I mean I created it, not that I accomplished much on it. As I was writing it out I got to thinking about our last book for book club (I'm happy to say that I've been successful thus far in my goal to read every book club book).


We read Still Alice, the story of a 50-year-old Harvard professor who struggles to maintain her lifestyle through the confusion of early onset Alzheimer's. It's a heart-breaking and haunting read, but in the best way possible. It makes you want to not worry about how each minute decision will affect your future, but instead live for now and cherish the moments you have here on earth. So while I'll be enjoying a party on Saturday (part of living in the moment) I won't be stressing about the items that never got crossed off my to do list.

Have you read anything recently that you particularly enjoyed? This month's book club pick is decidedly more fluff in nature, but I'm thoroughly loving it too. Gunn's Golden Rules.

3 comments:

marie said...

"Still Alice" sounds like a book I need to read - it seems to have impacted you in a really good way!

Jo said...

Great job in reading all the books, so far, for the book club. And sounds like a good menu... especially the Brats and tater tots. :-)

Connys Cottage said...

Hello,
that is fantastik!!!

Also you make very lovely photos to.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP