Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ikea Emergency

Even though I'm an admitted procrastinator, things were going well as we prepared the spare bedroom for Brenda's arrival. On Monday evening I went through the boxes that had been piled in there, did some rearranging and sent Mark running around the house to deliver things here and there. By the end of the night, everything that wasn't staying in the room was out of the room. Phew!

When I got home from work yesterday Mark was busy putting together the sofa bed we recently purchased. He'd gotten through the hardest part, but accepted a little bit of "help" from me and Charlotte in getting the frame put together. And then we opened the mattress. Did you hear that? The "oh nooooooo" that I let out as I realized it wasn't the right one? Yup, our work came to a grinding halt as we realized that "beddinge havet" is not the same as "lycksele havet". Oops.

So we packed Charlotte up and drove the 30 minutes to the Ikea to our south. We also have one about 30 minutes to the north and over the past few weeks we've been to each of them several times. So much so that as we pulled into the parking lot Charlotte exclaimed, "We go inside and get ice cream?" Ha! So we made our return, ate some meatballs and headed down to self-serve to grab the right mattress, along with a few other odds and ends. And then we obliged Miss Charlotte and grabbed some ice cream.


Have you been working on anything around your house lately? Or gone to Ikea for some goodies? Or eaten any ice cream? I'd love to hear about what you've been up to!

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the photo. That's what you get with a cell phone that's almost a decade old.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I love your blog!! I am a new follower and I can't get enough!! My birthday is next week and the only I asked for was a trip to Ikea- I have my heart set on a zebra canvas that I have wanted FOREVER!! And maybe a new rug :)

Jo said...

Mmm, makes me want ice cream... Good to hear the crisis was averted.

Rhea Sunshine :) said...

We just finished painting and installing the laminate flooring and a new ceiling fan in the dining/sun room. I need to blog about it and post some pictures... we're so pleased! ;)

Good luck on your guest bedroom adventure!

Amy J said...

Hi Katie! You're right... cutest kid ever. She reminds me alot of my oldest at that age :) ... all the dark curls. LOVE IT! btw, thanks for commenting on the download I posted today!

Mandy said...

I told you she would want the ice cream.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP