Thursday, September 6, 2012

September Goals

Last month I put together a short list of things to accomplish during the month. Between working full-time, running, and spending time with family, I've found it increasingly difficult to get things done. I did manage to make progress on, and in some cases complete, the items on my list. Maybe I'll snag some photos of the results soon. And yet, I still end each month feeling like I haven't gotten much done. What do I do all month? I certainly don't have a lot to show for it. Hmmm... I'll have to think more on that and be more intentional with my time. That said, here's the plan for September:

* Make and hang curtains for Charlotte's bedroom. Quite frankly, it's pathethic that these aren't done yet. I first posted my plan for them over seven months ago. Yes, that said seven months. See, here's the proof. Ugh. Gotta get on that.

* Swap furniture in Charlotte's room. I found a huge dollhouse for her a while back and we gave it to her for her 4th birthday. It's been in our family room ever since. I haven't been comfortable leaving the Barbies and accessories that go with it out because other little people use that room and many of the items are too small for them. So it's time to move it up to her room where she can play with it to her heart's content.

* Get some stuff on the walls. In Charlotte's room, of course. I have a fair amount of artwork that was already purchased with her room in mind. I just need to get them in frames and figure out what other items I'll need to round out the space. Should be pretty simple.

* Work on a way to showcase some of her artwork and family photos. I have a plan in mind for a display solution that will allow for easy swapping as I find new favorite photos and she makes new painting/drawing/cutting masterpieces. Now to just put that plan in place.

So, as you can see, the focus for this month is mainly on Charlotte's room (#4 on that list will actually be in the hall outside her room). My girl has been nothing but spectacular for her whole life, and she deserves a room that is pretty and special. And complete. So the plan is to give her one.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, I can't believe that curtain post was seven months ago. Time flies. Good luck with your goals for this month. If you concentrate on one a week you're bound to get at least one or two done by the end of the month.

marie said...

Okay - I'm coming to visit on Sept 30th and I can't wait to see all that you've accomplished!! Charlotte's room should be looking pretty awesome by then!
Good advice from Jo - one project a week. Of course that only leaves you two days for this week. : )

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP